It has been a busy two weeks. Lots of fun and work in between.
Yesterday in church there was a young missionary who spoke that has been home for almost a year, and he did such a great job. Made we wish that Brady had had opportunities to speak with the high council, since we really never got to hear him speak after he got home. I hope Braxton that you will get some opportunities to speak before you head off to school. Even after a whole year, he was still so excited about what he had learned on his mission and the people he loved. Miracles do happen every day. Heavenly Father is in charge, I am so grateful that you are recognizing the miracles that are happening in your life.
My lesson yesterday was on Becoming a Peacemaker. We have a lot of work to do in this area. The little kids in my class are so smart and their parents are doing a great job teaching their children, wish I had done better with you guys.
There is still so much to learn and do, I get so overwhelmed with thinking about what I am not doing to help the kids develop their testimonies. I just want you all to have the desire to learn and have the spirit with you at all time. To be where you are suppose to be, when you are suppose to be there.
I have included a story at the end that is goes along with what I wrote about a couple of weeks ago when Braxton was teaching us that Preparation is Power. I hope you guys will take time to review it.
Love you all, have a great week. Be safe, work hard and work before you play!
Miriah had swimming lessons at the Gibson with Mckenna, She is a pretty good swimmer, she loves to swim.
They had to tie their legs together so they keep them together like a dolphin. She was really good at keeping her legs and feet together, some of the kids were breaking their strings.
More pictures from Bronson and Heritage Tours.
Britton and his friends went to Lagoon, riding tracks up and back.
They went to a concert.
We all went to Strawberry Day's Rodeo
the Strawberry's and Cream were the best part of the night
Bronson and Tayla on the last night of Heritage Tours
Bronson is Home after 3 weeks.
Some of the new Friends he made.
We came to St George yesterday early for Kaylees farewell. She did a great job. I have tried to send you the talk but it would not send with out wifi. I am staying at uncle Cole's sisters and she only uses a hotspot on her phone when she needs it.
Hollie is coming for dance camp today and Miriah is going to farm camp this week out at stahelifarms. She has been so excited but was a little shy when I dropped her off. Bronson got home from heritage tours and hasn't quit talking. He hated New York and loved the Johnson's farm. Dad laughed because he will probably get called to New York on his mission.
It wasn't much of a Father's Day for dad since he got up early to drive us to St George, since the meeting was at 9. Then he drove grandpa and grandma home since we are here until Thursday. I will send pictures and stuff next week. Can't really do the blog from the iPad. Did your companion get the package. I am getting yours off while I am here.
I love you and I am so proud of you
First day of Farm Camp - Miriah was so excited to be a farmer!
Sign on the wall of the barn.
While Miriah was at farm camp, I went walking with Kaylee from their house to up around the temple and back to their house. It was a good walk. It was so hot in St. George the one day it was 113 at noon.
When I went back to get her the first day, she had become one of the helpers giving the little kids rides on the tire horses.
At Farm Camp they cleaned stalles and fed the animals, they had snacks. Learned the motto "Work before Play"
Did the Pledge and sang the National Anthem
The second day they got to ride horses, I went to the temple with Kaylee and Kortnie, so I didn't get any pictures.
Miriah was just tired when she got home that day.
Vicki left on Tuesday, but before she left she gave us little gifts. She gave Miriah a little sewing kit and she found some triangle scraps in the garbage and she got busy hand sewing them together. She was so excited to be sewing, she is so funny.
It was so nice of Vicki to let us stay, it really saved us a lot. I learn from her every time I am around her, she is a great quilt maker, and has done some amazing quilts. I can't believe what she has going and what she gets done.
Tuesday night we went to watch Hollie dance at Tuacan. It was so hot, but we had a good time and Tarzan was good. I had a hard time staying awake since it was extremely hot and never really cooled down, even at 11 o'clock at night. It was crazy.
Hollie Dancing in the Pre-Show
Some of the group pictures from the facebook page.
Their Nerdy Dance, is always a favorite.
The show is almost to start, we were about six rows from the top right under the big fans that I think they thought they were cooling us, but I felt like they were making the heat worse.
The third day they learned about Natural Resources - soil, rocks, water. It really is amazing what Sherrie Lou has done with the Farm. It was like a mini youth conference. Work before Play! They made pizza one day, had granola bars, cheese sticks, the snacks were great.
Here they were learning about the different kinds of soil.
Here they are panning for Gems or rocks.
You can see that Miriah has some pretty cool rocks in her bucket of sand. One of the amazing things is, they recycle the water and the sand. What a great set-up.
This is the panning for rocks station, The little kids had such a great time.
Pictures of the Farm
Where they do the opening Pledge and song each morning.
The next station was learning about the rocks they found.
They had magnifying glasses for each kid and sample bags with the different gems or rocks in them so the kids could match them up and see what they had found.
Then the fun began, They got Popsicle and since they had learned about water, they did a slip and slide. This is Miriah and her new friend Mia
The she was tired.
Her baby also had the best bed in the house.
On the last day they got to milk a not so real cow and make butter with cream.
At the end they do a little program and teach us all the things they learned to do with their hands. It was so fun and it was fun to spend time on the farm with Sherrie Lou, she is one busy gal.
Britton got to go water surfing with the Wilson's Ryan was telling him how hard it was and that he probably would not be able to get up on his first time. Well Britton proved them wrong, he popped right up and was amazing. Pam sent these picture, he had a great time.
Friday night we went to the Manti Pageant. It was fun, since we have not been for so long. It got cold, so it was good we had taken jackets. The kids favorite part was at the very first when the Angel Moroni appeared on the top,
It was a long night for dad since he drove both ways and the rest of us sleep.
Building Your House-
Most of us now live, or have lived, in a house of some type. Hopefully that house had the modern features of electricity, indoor plumbing, and hot and cold running water. And while that is nice, there is another house that you are building that is far more important. I trust that the building materials you are using to build your own personal experience are of the nature and substance that will give you an absolutely great life!
The story is told of a very wealthy man who decided to build a beautiful house. His best friend was a builder, so the wealthy man asked him if he would build a house for him. He told the builder that he wanted the house to be made of the finest materials that money could buy. He wanted incredibly beautiful floors, nice chandeliers, decorative windows and stunning doors. The wealthy man told his friend to spare no expense because he wanted the house to be a beautiful place to live and enjoy.
Soon the building was underway. However, the builder decided to cut costs and use substandard materials. He also used second-hand items that he cleaned and polished to look like new. He found old shingles and put them on the house. He found wood that was very poor quality, but covered it with several coats of paint. The pipes he used were old and worn out, but he reasoned that no one would know because they would be hidden inside the walls. He continued to build the house, cutting corners and doing everything in his power to save money. Yet, he always charged his friend the highest price for everything he used.
One day the job was complete and on the surface it looked great. The very wealthy man walked through the house, looking at everything, and was very pleased. His builder friend told him how he had spared no expense and had only used the finest materials and the best quality goods of everything he could find.
Suddenly, the wealthy man said to his friend, "I have a surprise for you! I have always admired your building ability and you have been a dear friend to me. So, the reason I wanted you to build this beautiful house is because I am giving it to you as a gift. I want this to be your house!
The builder's heart sank. He could hardly believe what he was hearing. Rather than having a beautiful house built with wonderful materials, he knew in his heart that what he had built would not last very long. It looked nice on the surface, but because of the inferior quality, it was only a matter of time before everything would begin to break, fall apart and collapse. The builder was sick! He realized that the only person he had short-changed was himself.
I heard that story years ago and have never forgotten it.
Let me encourage you to build your life with the best materials possible. Go out of your way to be kind and encouraging to other people. Always have a good word and a smile for those with whom you meet. Learn about business principles and how money works. Study things with which you are not familiar in order to learn and grow in your own personal life. Build your business, family, health, and job in a way that is not only pleasing to yourself, but to all those with whom you come in contact.
No comments:
Post a Comment