Friday, February 23, 2018

February 23, 2018

Britton left today after school on his first camp out with our new ward.  It has snowed all day and they are headed to Moab area, hoping for nice weather, but it was said to have been snowing there too.  I hope that he will be warm enough, he didn’t end up taking his pad since it was to big to get into the two cars they were taking.

Sure hope he has a good time and is not frozen to death by morning He is such a good boy.


This week has been such a hard week, I sure don’t communicate with my kids very well, every time I try to talk to Hollie to encourage her to apply to college and for some scholarships she gets so defensive and makes me out to be such a bad mother.  Brady and Crystal don’t come around much an more, Bronson can’t talk to us without yelling at us.  He did start with a new counselor yesterday, I tried to ask him about it but he wouldn't talk to me about it.  

I tried to advertise a little for my new real estate job. Don’t know if I can really do it.  I know a lot of people but none that trust me that much, including my own family.

Todd and I are supposed to be working on youth Conference ideas and we can't every talk, we don’t see eye to eye on very much, we never have I guess that has been the hardest part of our marriage all these years, I wish we did things together that he has really no time for.  Heartbreaking.

Miriah is sleeping at Grandma Parrish’s again, she loved it there.  She is such an obedient young lady.  Last week I told her that she was watching too many movies on the iPad and that she needed to limit herself to only the weekend.  She has worked so hard and today when we picked her up from school she came right in and said it was a free day no homework today she was going to watch a movie.  I love that when she reads, she reads out loud.  She has developed such great study habits.

I have been thinking a lot about what my life would be like and what kind of family I would have and I sure mess it all up.  Wanting a family that loved to be together and live by the saying "family is everything", and I have kids who don’t really care to be together.  I hate the TV and wish we spent our time doing better activities.

No comments: