Monday, November 9, 2015

Todd's Funeral, Championship Game, Stake Conference, Hollie in Hawaii

Yesterday was Stake Conference, it was a once in life time road show stake conference.  We were lucky that the stake center and our building are a cross the street from each other.  In our building they could not get the video transmitter to work, at about 10:15 we are started to sing and people were baring their testimonies.  When the first councilor came over and was going to conduct the meeting when Pres. Anderson came running in.  So he gave his talk first, he was funny and apologetic but I guess there were like 28 other Stake Conferences in the area going at the same time.  The theme for the conference has been "Individuals and Families are Blessed and the Work of Salvation is Strengthened by ministering through the Ward Council," with a focus on the Sabbath Day and keeping it holy.  
Several of the message were about how God is in charge.  One of the ladies said, that covenant hearts are drawn out to those who are in distress.  They have a oneness, a commonality, and become the Lords hands.  We witnessed this at Aunt Lori's last week, and still this week the covenant hearts are still supporting her and her family. In Mosiah 24:13-15 
13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

Anyway when Pres. Anderson was done he left and went back tot he stake center to give his talk, and one by one the speaks ran across the street to give their talks a second time.  When the last speaker came he said that this is the only Stake Conference he has been to were the speakers are translated as soon as they speak.  It was funny.  He told some great mission stories and how one person is making can make a difference.  I know this too.  The last time we were with the Lund's at the cabin we got talking about the council we have received the last on the Sabbath day observance.  He told of his conversion when the bishop called him in to be the first assistant.  Todd was not even going to church, mostly because he worked on Sunday.  The bishop told him that if he would put the Lord first in his life he would provide for him a way to be to church.  He went home and thought about it and them told his bishop he would accept the calling.  Then he went to his the grocery story to apply for a new job where he wouldn't have to work on Sunday.  The manager hired him on the spot.  Then he waked across the street and quit his other job.  Uncle Todd had a living testimony of keeping the Sabbath day holy   The Lord does provide a way when we follow
him, and keep the commandments  I am not sure if I have remembered all the details but the message in the story is what is important.  

Some of the pictures from the funeral, I have a lot more but they are on the other computer.
 Aunt Lori got a lot of balloons for the little kids to let go with a kiss and a hug to uncle Todd.







 Jill did all the flowers, they were beautiful and special that she was able to put some of the deer horns in the arrangement.


 It has been so cold this week, this is how Britton went dressed to football practice.  It was so funny.

Britton's big game on Saturday.  They won the championship game 27-0  Britton got two touchdown.  It was fun to win, since we were playing the other lone peak team and we lost the last time we played them.




 Britton and Issac Harward.  Funny friends 

 Issac and Max Oborn and Britton

 Hollie getting to Hawaii, first place they Go...






 Hollie and Crystal got to be there for the last game.
 On their Sunday walk...

 On the way home from Lori's last night I was listening to conference and Elder Hales talk went right along with Stake Conference today.  I hope you are taking the opportunity to study the talks from conference.
 In the Savior’s parable of the prodigal son, the son had many blessings awaiting him, but before he could claim them, he had to look closely at his life, his choices, and his circumstances. The miracle that happened next is described in the scriptures with a simple phrase: “He came to himself.”19 May I encourage you to come to yourself? In the Church, when important decisions must be made, we often hold council meetings. Family councils serve a similar purpose. You may want to conduct what I’ll call a “personal council.” After praying, spend some time alone. Think about what is ahead. Ask yourself: “What areas of my life do I want to strengthen so that I can strengthen others? Where do I want to be a year from now? two years from now? What choices do I need to make to get there?” Just remember, you are a pilot, and you are in charge. I testify that as you come to yourself, your Heavenly Father will come to you. By the comforting hand of His Holy Spirit, He will help you along.
I bear my testimony that God lives. I bear my special witness that the Savior loves you. “Shall we not go on in [His great] cause? Go forward and not backward.”20 As you follow Him, He will strengthen and uphold you. He will bring you up to your highest home. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love all of you and pray for you safety and success in all you do.  Remember to put the Lord first in you life and everything else will fall into place.  God is in Charge.

No comments: